Friday, January 1, 2016

Journal Entry #10: Memories of Harry Potter



Platinum #10: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Vita)

Trophies of 2015

The New Year came in with glorious celebration, and I did my first ever yearly summary of my career. I was now an Initiate Trophy Hunter Detective, but even though my career was still young, I had had so many adventures since I set up shop in San Antonio, Texas, back in the middle of November. It seemed like yesterday when I dusted off my new detective's cap and put it on, but now I had come so far and gotten nine Platinum trophy plaques which hung on my wall.

Voldie loves to duel in STYLE. XD
Harry! Don't destroy the pub!!! :(
If Harry Potter knew there was an x-rated puppet show about him, he'd go  all "Avada Kadavra" on them. ;)

I got a trophy in the mail, my tenth Platinum Trophy. I was amazed that it was given to me by the Order of the Phoenix, and as I perused it, I remembered all the adventures I had with Harry just recently, between Christmas and the New Year and the defeat of EX-lord Voldie...

Seriously, Molly? :(
 

I then remembered I did some dueling practice with Dumbledore's Army, although I had a bit of a shock when they used magic to replicate Harry's parents and I defeated them. No wonder Voldemort managed to kick their butts! No offense, Harry, you have wonderful parents. ^_^

Uhm...
But I was All Finished, and that was that. Hogwarts was a nice place but I really wanted to expand my horizons and go to new worlds. ;) (Sadly, for some reason, my camera was messed up when I caught this candid of Draco harassing students.) (My camera was off and just missed the trophy pop-up leaving. This bug happens if you aren't quick enough to snap the photo.)

PLATINUM TIME: January 2, 2015; 9:11 AM
AFTER THOUGHTS: I had to start the new year off with an old story - now that I have formatted my PS Vita to this account(which took half the day because I forgot that I could use the password on my modem to connect to my account and then I forgot I needed to give my PSN password to sign in and not my e-mail password), I decided to have my 10th platinum be a PS Vita version of the last game I platinumed - LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7. Yep, it is a cop out but the trophy list is different. This game could have been contender for fastest plat had I not had to go to bed and then had to go attend a religion in the morning. :(

Other than that, the trophies are so much easier to obtain. Magic casting is faster, and there are fewer cutscenes, and each of the sub-levels is very short and easy to figure out. I actually got all the True Wizard challenges without stud multipliers just by ripping up everything for studs and collecting all loose studs since each part of the book has five sub-levels in it summarizing about a third of the movie/book. There are the dueling club trophies, but each and every member of the club you fight, even the hardest ones like the Dumbledores and Voldemort, can easily be defeated by this method:
  • Charge up an attack and release it.
  • If it is not blocked, it will stun the opponent in hilarious ways.
  • Spam regular attacks until they recover - you'll rip off two hearts of damage.
  • Rinse and repeat until you win. :p
Thus, this game, my first PS Vita Platinum, just dethroned XBLAZE LOST: MEMORIES as my fastest platinum. My explanation: I had a terrible nightmare about my house being consumed by a lava flow and woke up at 5:45 AM so, unable to go back to sleep and running off of three hours of sleep(I've had less), I decided to just knock everything out. I almost lost it when I didn't get the 100% trophy but then checked my red bricks and forgot I had to BUY the red bricks to get the trophy and I hadn't bought Regenerate Hearts yet. OOPS. (egg on face) Also, I didn't realize you could hold R1 while targeting to switch spells so to get the final trophy for Draco's Disco, I spent ten minutes casting Immobilus on people. (sheepish laugh) Even so, I knocked this out in less than 20 hours.

I decided to do the PS Vita game entries as "memories" that the Detective Prince had during his career, as the Vita versions of the games are much shorter. I am not sure about doing the Vita version of LEGO the Hobbit due to the fact that you cannot die in the levels(you have to redo it from scratch if you get killed) but the others are a good to go - I own the Vita versions of some of the games.

Ciao for now! I plan on doing both Vita LEGO Batmans in one post as to cover more ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment