Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Journal Entry #13: Come on, come on -- and do the (gets hit with copyright suit)


PLATINUM #14: LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin

After putting away my new trophies, I packed my bags and left the office locked - it was time to start following on my New Year's Resolution to explore the multiverse and see new worlds.

Seriously, ninjas don't use monster trucks to get around! Get with the times, man!
My first destination on my travels was a world called Ninjago, which I thought was silly until I saw how ridiculous the whole place was; it was just a giant Oriental world protected by these elemental ninjas. I laughed - elemental ninjas?

 
This shot required me to press the button with my upper lip. Not fun. :(
Then I heard they had their memories erased by this evil samurai who rode a robot. Okay, I've seen it all now. 9_9 But I did my part to help out, and Master Wu trained me in the art of Spinjitsu, which would probably be very useful in the future. ;)

PLATINUM TIME: January 6, 2015; 12:22 PM

At least I had some fun - I got to learn a new martial art (my Spinjitzu element is darkness but I assured everyone that I wasn't evil, though it took a while to get them to trust me) and I got to ride on Jay's mech while we assaulted Chen's island. Cool! ^_^

AFTER THOUGHTS: Yes, I know there is a prequel called LEGO Ninjajo: Nidroids. However, that game is ruthless; if you get killed in a level, you had to start over from the very beginning.

Anyways, this is probably one of the easiest LEGO games I had platinumed. Like the last two, it involves a bunch of challenges which are easy to do, especially in Free Play when you have the characters you need(and there are only a couple of characters you need to buy - a Skulkin to open up skull doors and a Serpentai to teleport to areas you can't reach) and there are no extra challenges, so once you get all the collectibles and challenges, you only need to do a few minor trophies and you have gotten yourself a platinum. ^_^

The only issue was money - there are only three stud multipliers and they give you a max of 100x, which is the lowest stud multiplier in any LEGO game ever. That means you won't be hitting a billion studs on this game unless you grind on Volcanic Slide, but you don't really NEED a billion studs, the most expensive item is a character that costs half a million studs, and I ground all my studs on Volcanic Slide, which had the most annoying challenge in the game - don't fall in the lava, which is tough because the slide controls SUCK - it takes FOREVER to recover from a wrong turn.

I have never watched the cartoon but this game felt like a story arc in the cartoon, they even animated the talkie cutscenes like the cartoon! I am tempted to watch reruns of this show on Youtube. I don't think Traveler's Tales the Ninjago or Chima games, but whoever did did an excellent job! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment