Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Journal Entry #11: Memories of Batman


PLATINUM #11: LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes (Vita)
PLATINUM #12:
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Vita)

With the New Year now beginning to age(and me feeling my age, sadly), I got another pair of platinum trophies shipped from Gotham City and Metropolis, addressed from Batman and Superman for helping out in times of crisis. I had all but forgotten those misadventures...

I do like the artsy loading screens. :)

I remembered how I spent my entire Thanksgiving weekend helping Batman with the capture of Joker and Lex Luthor when they teamed up to try to influence the 2016 Presidential Elections so Lex could become President...


I had some laughs...


And some triumphs...

PLATINUM TIME: Shown in the screenshot

But in the end, I ended up a Complete Hero. (Unfortunately for me, I didn't have a good photo of the ceremony, so this is all you get. AKA: I took the picture too late and got the cascading pop-up bug so I couldn't get a good shot of the platinum popping. :( This happened with LEGO Harry Potter as well, so please forgive me.)


Then I recalled how I worked behind the scenes at the Batcave during Christmas Eve while Batman and Robin helped the Justice League. I had felt the Earth shrink due to Brainiac's super ray... or actually, I ended up like Alice did in the beginning of Alice in Wonderland when she ate the cake that made her big - my head was bumping into the jagged ceiling of the Batcave for the longest time and I was forced to keep contact with Martian Manhunter via my touchphone. :(

Yuck! I think I prefer the battle with Giga Superman better on the console versions. X(
PLATINUM DATE: January 5, 2016; 1:02 AM

But I was still worthy of the Platinum and put it next to the other trophy denoting me as the World's Finest detective. ^_^

AFTER THOUGHTS: Yes, from now on, the entries will not sync with the trophy list - you see, I had to lump both LEGO Batman trophies for the Vita here because they were in the same setting and... well, funny story, I had finished all the story modes for these two games and LEGO Jurassic World in one shot, and then worked on the Free Play and 100% on the second pass. That means these two games got their platinums within 24 hours of each other. It's efficient. Yes, I still had to take the same amount of time for both games, but this way I wouldn't have worry about scrabbling in... you know, forget everything I said. It's a bit complex to explain. :(

Suffice it to say that I worked on three LEGO games at once to make the grind less troublesome. Once I got the Story modes out of the way, I could focus on Free Play better. The LEGO Batman games did get a major cardboard treatment for the Vita versions, but that's understandable - after all, you cannot expect to put 100% of a console version on a small handheld with less memory! Needless to say, the Vita versions were pretty decent on themselves even if some of the trophies are a pain. (I'm looking at Siamese Bat{because the guide didn't tell you a Stealth Takedown won't happen if you have invincibility enabled!} and Call Shotgun{like before, I couldn't get it to work right away, that was what cost me a dot-on-midnight trophy}.)

I am getting LEGO Batman 3 for the PS3 in a few days, so once I get that platinum, I'll put this game to bed for good. It was a great game in all its formats but to be honest, good things must end. Once I get the rest of the LEGO Vita games wrapped up, I'll begin working on actual time-consuming plats. So cheers and ciao for now! ^_^

(ADDED NOTE: I also made an error in my last post. I didn't have to go to church right away as it was Saturday and not Sunday. Oops!)

No comments:

Post a Comment