Thursday, January 7, 2016

Journal Entry #14: It's pronounced "key", that's what Xehanort says!

PLATINUM #15: LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey


Next on my list was the world of Chima, a place where animal-human hybrids lived...


But not really in peace due to the Crocodile, Wolf and Raven people rebelling and trying to get some Triple Chi Power to rule over the world.

 
I helped Laval the Lion Prince out and collected all the studs I needed to help him out. Sadly, this was not much of a vacation to me and was rather boring compared to the amazing ninja action I had in Ninjago, but they can't all be pleasant. :(

PLATINUM TIME: January 7, 2015; 2:47 PM
AFTER THOUGHTS: LEGO Legends of Chima was the first game I played on my PS Vita, which made me feel bad. It's not a bad game, it's a beautiful game, but it is the easiest LEGO game ever.

I'm very surprised that LEGO Chima took three hours longer than my fastest platinum and one hour longer than LEGO Harry Potter Vita(which is what I am calling Years 5-7 on the Vita as there is no Years 1-4 on that system), considering that this game doesn't need to be 100% to get the plat.

You heard me right: This game is the only LEGO Game I know of that has no trophy for getting 100% of the game complete.

As such, I am getting rid of that game and not 100% completing it. I got 50% of the collectibles. Most of the trophies are story-based or miscellanous gimmicks like using certain characters. You will need to buy a Raven, a Bear and Furtivo the Fox if you want to get 100% collectibles, but why bother when you get the plat? I'm not trying to be rude to the people who worked on this - I know Legends of Chima has a cult following. But seriously, if you

Also, I don't think this game was created by Traveler's Tales either, so that company really gave a nice sharp injection to the arm of the LEGO Game franchise by coming in and making us rage a bit for our trophies in the franchised licenses. Trust me, if you want to introduce your eight-year old kid to LEGO Video Games, this is the way to go as they'll earn the platinum is less than a day if they forego life like I did, maybe a day and a half if they have to eat and sleep.

The cinematic cutscenes(where the characters actually move their mouths) and the loading screens are all that this game has going for it. I know that Laval, Eris and Cragger do reappear as stuff packs for LEGO Dimensions, though. Anyways, I just got my next GameFly game and will work on that, as well as prep for some major stuff in the future. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment