Sunday, February 28, 2016

Journal Entry #23: Of Lightning and Magnets

PLATINUM #23: TESLAGRAD (FOR PS4)
 

After being cooped up in the office for so long, I packed up and went on a grand tour of Europe, only to stop in Russia for a brief period of time. I got lost due to a snow flurry(it was that time of year) and found myself holing up in a small town known as Teslagrad. The odd name was punctuated in the morning when I went sight-seeing and found a giant tower that pierced the heavens.

"Young man," said a native elderly woman. "Do you wish to know the story of this town?"

I shrugged. "Sure, and of the tower."

"Long ago, this town was ruled by a despotic king. Nobody could oppose his tyranny as he had the power to summon the lightning. But one rainy night, he had his army scour the city to find and seize a young boy who, according to prophecy by those who opposed him, had the power to defeat him."


 "That young boy, whose name is lost to legend, fled into this tower, a place created by the king as a symbol of arrogance and filled with the deadliest traps based on electricity and magnets. So vain was he of his power to control the lightning that he had this tower built... but those who opposed him, the very sages who gave this king his crown, created four mighty weapons to help the young lad gain his own powers over the magnets in the tower..."

Sadly, this is the best quality I can get from my camera. :(
"And soon, he confronted the evil king and destroy him, and it was said that this boy took over the rule of this town and made it a wonderful place to live. We have a statue of the child in the center of town, if you are interested."

I was very interesting, so I investigated the legend and it had some hints of truth to it. I picked up a souvenir to take home and hang in my cupboard.
 

AFTER THOUGHTS: Wow, it's been a long time since I got a platinum. And wow, this game. There is no a single word of dialogue, but the game really brings the plot home. Oh, and I didn't really fight the evil king, as the trophy list doesn't require you to beat the game, you just need to collect all 36 scrolls. But some of the scrolls are tricky to get.

I recommend this game for your list if you don't mind having a little frustration in trying to figure out how to complete the various magnetism-based puzzles and fighting the four tricky bosses before the final one. As I said, you don't need to fight the final boss to get the Platinum. ^_^

MORE NOTES: I actually have a few games ready to platinum, I just need to find some more tough trophies for them. My next platinum should either be Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (the last trophies I need involve some frustration fuel) or Dark Cloud(I just need to farm for a specific weapon and then I can complete the game). I also have Persona 4 Golden(complete the first playthrough and then bum rush through the second and get all those Rise lines), Jak and Daxter The Precursor Legacy(for the Vita, I bought the Jak collection for that), and Dark Cloud 2(really need to clear the medals in Moonflower Palace ASAP) on the back burner but on the way to completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment