Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Journal Entry #20! A major milestone has been reached!


I had a dream last night. I dreamt I was this strange boy with large ears and goggles. His friend had been turned into a talking animal companion.


I dreamt I was fighting this evil sage and his sister and used some powerful light magic called Eco to defeat them, saving the world from being flooded with Darkness.


Then I woke up and found a giant platinum egg with strange runes on it. I translated them to read "Top of the Heap." I felt a thrill - this was my 20th platinum trophy! I put it in the case in a spot of honor and started my plans for the coming months - Valentine's Day would be soon. Sadly, I didn't have any girl to share affections with, but then again, romance is over-rated. ;)

AFTER THOUGHTS:

 

Welp, we hit our first major milestone - 20 platinums! Oh yeah! :D One-fifth of the way to my ultimate goal of a hundred plats.

I spent my grocery savings a bit early this week because I wanted to complete my dream of having the 'mascot trinity'(Ratchet, Sly and Jak) be my next three platinums, at least their first games. After finally getting Ratchet and Clank HD platinumed, I decided "Why not Sly and Jak?" I already had platinumed Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus on Vita earlier but after some hiccups, I got the Sly Cooper Collection for PS3 delivered as a GameFly rental and managed to knock out Sly 1 faster on PS3 since I didn't have clunky controls. So I decided Jak would be my crowning glory.

This game was the first platinum on my last account and I think it deserved #20 on this account as a place of honor. It is an easy game to get into, but not necessarily an easy one to complete, especially if you are very frustrated easily - you'll die so many times it won't be funny. Still, I finally got through the personal demons and cleaned this one up.

I bought the Jak Collection instead of renting it because it was there, and it would let me free up a GameFly slot so I could plat Jak 2 and Jak 3 at my leisure. Yep, spoilers, I do plan on platinuming the first three games of the Mascot Trinity come hell or high water. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment