Saturday, February 13, 2016

Journal Entries #21 & 22: More Files on the Phantom Thief

Games #21/#22: Sly 2 - Band of Thieves (PS3/Vita)

After that odd dream and the strange egg-shaped trophy I got after waking up, I found another of the mask trophies and it read:

Thanks for helping with the Klaww Gang - S.C.


I decided to read over the second case file on the mysterious raccoon thief, Sly Cooper, and learned of his quest to destroy the body parts of his archenemy, Clockwerk, who had been shattered into pieces at the bottom of a Russian volcano after the thief defeated him.

Good right ahead, ruin the shot, you stupid truck. :p
However, the infamous Klaww Gang, a group of global criminals hell-bent on major crime, had been using the various Clockwerk parts to advance their own criminal schemes ranging from illegal drugs in India to deforestation in Canada. Despite not knowing it, Sly and his two comrades helped the International Police to bust this criminal gang and destroy it...


But an agent turned rogue and things got ugly when Clockwerk came back to life with a new soul. Once again Carmelita Fox and her rival worked together to bring down the robot bird and this time he stayed dead, but tragic happenings forced Sly Cooper to surrender in order to save his friends. I can't reveal what had gone down but I found the name of the trophy ironic indeed. I took a sip of my favorite soda and relaxed with one of my favorite books involving a writer and his two cats. ;)

AFTER THOUGHTS:
Just in case you think I'm a liar, here is the PS3 platinum. Excuse the image in the back, my TV was reflecting. :(
Another lumping of lists, but this is because I doubled up on this game like I did with Sly 1, only this time I did both games at the same time so they got platinumed consecutively - the PS3 first(because it is on a rental disc) and then the Vita one which took a couple of days. At least I am glad that is all over with as I was getting bored.

Don't get me wrong; the games were good. It's just that I need to get these games out of the way ASAP so I can focus on the harder games, and some of the parts were a bit stinky in the way of challenges, especially since I suck at stealth games. This game didn't make me want to plat Assassin's Creed II anytime soon. *sigh*

Still, it is a great story and the ending was sort of tragic. Play the games yourself, okay? (The screenshots mostly came from the Vita version as it's better for screenshots of a game which is across different platforms - I can't figure out how to upload screenshots from my PS4 and I have to rely on wonky camera shots for my PS3 screen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment