Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Journal Entry #25: A Time-Traveling Thief?


I received a shiny silver cup wrapped in papyrus which had notes scribbled on them.


Please send help, trapped in Ancient Egypt. HELP!!! - S.C.
 
I wish I could help, but I don't know how I could have explained this situation to Bentley. I sent the note to Carmelita under an anon address and hoped for the best. I put the silver cup in the cabinet.


AFTER THOUGHTS: I'm really sorry I didn't make this major milestone - my 25th platinum - epic, but right after I got the platinum, I had to go grocery shopping. :|

Anyways, this is a great game and continues the story-telling that the original trilogy founded with cartoon animations for narrative interludes and the usual mission-based gameplay. Once you rescue each of Sly's ancestors, they get missions that show off their abilities. The treasures you pick up are all booby-trapped so you have to make a mad dash to get them to the hideout, but you no longer have to go inside to collect, and the treasures are all displayed on a shelf in each hideout. There are even several special treasures you get for collecting all the clue bottles in a hub world from Coopgiwa's coin magnet to a reference to Sir Raleigh that gives you the old Water Safety ability from the first game, which is really great.

As of this writing, I hear of an claymatic movie of Sly coming out soon, just like Ratchet and Clank are getting one. I hope this bodes a sequel because Sly is trapped in ancient Egypt now and needs to be rescued, so come on, Sanzaru, give us Sly 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment