Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Journal Entry #2 - Of Wizards and Dragons (Part 1 of 3)

My second entry in my journal was a bunch of scattered notes and guilty regret for not putting this down as soon as I got to the office.

For the record, that studs total covered by the trophy is over 6 BILLION studs.
I was busy investigating this school called Hogwarts for information about the return of an evil warlock by an unknown name. Nobody wanted to comment about his identity, but word was he was wanted for crimes of murder, violent destruction, chaos and terrorism. I eventually found out that his next victim was a young lad called Harry Potter, and found out the name of the culprit - Lord Voldemort. Clearly, this now-inhuman fiend was as arrogant as President Business in Bricksburg. (A place I will never go back to - I don't drink coffee(too bitter for me) but from the prices on the soda alone I realized that this place was completely idiotic.)


I found out about this miscreant with strong investigative skills and, after collecting 200 gold brick clues, found out what the deal was. Unfortunately, Albus Dumbledore, current headmaster of Hogwarts, warned me not to get too involved in this case and warned me that I would probably end up dead unless I left. So I had to put the case on the back burner for now...

PLATINUM TIME: November 23, 2015; 8:50 PM

I guess it was my stake-out of the old Riddle estate and the photos of the first clash between the Dark Lord and the Boy Who Lived which got me caught by Dumbledore's sources. I cursed my lack of tact and swore to be more inconspicuous next time. Also, bring a better camera. :(

(Sadly, I haven't learned my lesson about not having a video camera to record AVIs - this was taken from a video I made on my phone showing me popping the plat with Role Reversal as the final trophy... but sadly Yahoo Mail didn't receive the attachment. At least I was lucky my Vita could snap the shot, even if the video cut off the trophy alert on the right side. :( )

That was last night and I totally regret my lack of timing for not getting the report out last night. Right now I have business with Simalia, but once I get another call for a juicy case, I'll be on it like white on rice. With Thanksgiving on the horizon, I do not want to be bogged down too much with heavy cases while stuffed with turkey and gravy, so I'll leave my next report for the end of the week.

Until Then... Peace Out - The Detective Prince

AFTERTHOUGHT: I also had my first doomed platinum due to a nasty bug in Hogwarts - I failed to get all the collectibles in one area, and accidentally autosaved as I was leaving, causing the game to glitch out and make it impossible to return to that area. (For those who are interested, it was the underground basement of the left Charms classroom, where you learn your first spell.) Because of this I had to delete my save and start from scratch. I had earned most of the trophies there save a few and I wasn't able to get 100% because the last Student In Peril I needed was in that area! Luckily, I was careful the second time and cleared out that area before leaving in my next game... but having to go through the first three years of Story Mode again was painful, and only making everyone a shadow figure with the Silhouettes red brick saved me from looking at their faces again.


Still, great game, easy platinum, and I actually got the collector's edition which has a free copy of the first movie in it! ^_^ (EDIT: I returned it to Gamestop later because I was low on funds. GameFly takes forever to receive and deliver my rentals! :( )

Also, this is part one of three - I do plan on platinum Years 5-7 for both versions, but I am saving them for after my fifth platinum. I decided to not do all of them at once as I want to space it out. Also, I am not putting in any Vita games until I get my 5th plat because Vita plats would mean having to log out and back in on the new account, which would take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment